2024 Student Art Scholarship Competition
May 2-4. The Elm Grove Woman’s Club invites all high school students who reside in Elm Grove or attend high school in Brookfield to submit TWO pieces of original artwork to be judged for a chance to win. See details below. REGISTRATION DEADLINE, APRIL 22nd!
Time & Location
May 02, 2024, 2:00 PM – May 04, 2024, 3:30 PM
Elm Grove Woman’s Club Clubhouse, 13885 Watertown Plank Rd, Elm Grove, WI
About the Event
The Elm Grove Woman’s Club invites all high school students who reside in Elm Grove or attend high school in Brookfield to submit TWO pieces of original artwork to be judged for a chance to win:
- Senior Art Scholarship: TWO $2,000 scholarships will be awarded. A $2,000 award will be given to both of the winning 12th grade students to be issued directly to an accredited university, college, art, or technical school. Winner does not need to major or minor in art to receive the award. Unclaimed scholarships remain with the EGWC.
- Grades 9-11 Student Art Grant: Students in grades 9-11 are eligible to win one $500 grant to be issued directly to the winning student.
- People's Choice Award: $300 to the ONE piece of art the public deems best in show.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE, APRIL 22nd!
1. Select TWO (2) representative pieces of your original artwork in any medium.
2. When you sign up for the competition, an entry form will be emailed to you or you may download it from our website. Print and complete the entry form with all required information. Entry forms will also be available at drop off.
THURSDAY, May 2nd, 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Bring your artwork & completed entry form to the Elm Grove Woman’s Club Clubhouse, 13885 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove, to confirm your spot in the competition. Please assist our volunteers in displaying your art. We will have art display panels, tables, and easels. Please contact us if your artwork requires a special display.
FRIDAY, May 3rd, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Private Judging of Artwork (not open to the public)
SATURDAY, May 4th, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The public is invited to the clubhouse for a Student Art Exhibition and Open House to vote for their favorite piece of art. The art piece with the most votes from the public will receive the People’s Choice Award and a monetary gift. Family, friends, and teachers are invited to attend to vote for their favorite piece.
*Scholarship Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the Open House from 1 pm – 3 pm.
The Awards Presentation will be at 3:00 p.m. Family, friends, and teachers are invited to attend. Artwork is to be taken home after the awards ceremony.
If you cannot attend the Student Art Exhibition and Awards Ceremony, please arrange for your artwork to be picked up no later than Monday, May 6th.
NOTE: Students, with your entry, you are permitting the Elm Grove Woman’s Club to use and publish your photograph and photos of your artwork for educational and promotional purposes.
Student Art Drop OffClubhouse
Student Art Exhibition and Public Open House to Vote for People's Choice AwardClubhouse