Elm Grove Woman's Club Student Art Scholarship Competition
Time & Location
About the Event
The Elm Grove Woman’s Club invites all high school students who reside in Elm Grove or attend school in the Elmbrook School District to submit TWO pieces of original artwork to be judged for a chance to win:
- Senior Art Scholarship: TWO $2,000 awards will be given to two winning 12th grade students to be issued directly to an accredited university, college, art, or technical school. Winner does not need to major or minor in art to receive the award. Unclaimed scholarships remain with the EGWC.
- Grades 9-11 Student Art Grant: Students in grades 9-11 are eligible to win one $500 grant to be issued directly to the winning student.
- School Supply Grant: The winning students’ schools will each receive $250 to be used for classroom art supplies.
1. Select two (2) representative pieces of your original artwork in any medium.
2. When you sign up for the competition, an entry form will be emailed to you or you may download it from our website. Print and complete the entry form with all required information. Entry forms will also be available at drop off.
3. Bring your artwork, your completed entry form to the Elm Grove Woman’s Club Clubhouse, 13885 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove, WI, between 3:00pm and 7:00pm on Thursday, May 19, 2022 to confirm your spot in the competition. Please assist our volunteers in displaying your works of art. We will have art display panels, tables, and easels. Please contact us if your artwork requires a special display. We will adhere to the CDC recommendations for number of people in the building and face mask requirements at that time.
On Saturday, May 21, 2022 from 10:00am to 2:00pm, the public is invited to the clubhouse for a Student Art Exhibition and Open House to vote for their favorite piece of art. The art piece with the most votes from the public will receive the People’s Choice Award and a monetary gift. Family, friends, and teachers are invited to attend to vote for their favorite piece of art. We will adhere to the CDC recommendations for number of people in the building and face mask requirements at that time.
BONUS! Also on Saturday, May 21, from 10:00am to 3:00pm, our outdoor Springtime in the Grove Art Festival will be held in the west parking lot of the Clubhouse. Local vendors will display and sell artwork, gifts, collectibles, sweet treats, and more. Baked goods, raffle baskets and tasty food and beverages will also be available. Bring your family and friends and make a day of it!
The Awards Presentation will be at 2:00pm outdoors on the east porch. Family, friends, and teachers are invited to attend. Artwork is to be taken home after the awards ceremony.
If you are unable to attend the Student Art Exhibition and Awards Ceremony, please arrange for your artwork to be picked up no later than Monday, May 23.
NOTE: Students, with your entry, you are giving permission to the Elm Grove Woman’s Club to use and publish your photograph and photos of your artwork for educational and promotional purposes.
Student Art Drop OffClubhouse
Private Judging of Artwork (not open to public)Clubhouse